Thursday, May 29, 2008

5 hours at Labor & Delivery...

At around 9:30 i went to the bathroom and had a gush of blood, so i called my dr and they said to go into L&D so i call dave and he picks me and dj up and we go. we get there around 10:30 - 11 and while we were there i started having contractions that went from 5 min apart to 2 min apart so at 12:30 they give me my first terb shot (and those things burn... ouch) the contractions stopped and about 1 1/2 later the terb wears off and the contractions come again full force so they give me my 2nd dose of terb at 2:30 and finally after the second shot wore off around 3:30-4 my nurse said if i dont have 1 contraction within a half hour i get to go home. so at 4:30 i was getting dressed and heading home!!! the nurse said as long as i keep her baking till 4th of july we will be fine.

They said that if the contractions kept comming then they would have put me on magnesium sulfate and would have had to sat 24 hours to be monitored. thank goodness they stopped!!!

When she checked me i am at 2 cm and soft. and they want me on bedrest... yeah right. im on level 3 bedrest. im the last person they want on bedrest, lol i have a 1 year old boy who is walking.

3 comments:

3LittleFlowers said...

OMG!!! You are not even 32 weeks (am I right?).... I will keep you in my prayers!!!! I hope you are able to bake that girl 5 more weeks!!!

Bridget said...

Kinda scary...I am glad you are doing better! I saw your baby shower pics on myspace, your cake was beautiful! How fun!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Oh man Breanna I had no idea! I have kind of had my head in the sand the past couple weeks. I hope all is better now. You keep baking that little girl just a bit longer! I will keep you in my prayers.