Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Hospital/Surgery Story Part 2...

I woke up around 6:30am and called Dave to let him know that surgery was still on and set for 10:30am. I told Dave that I wanted to see the kids before I went into surgery and so he brought them in around 9:45am. I gave them lots of hugs and kisses, I missed them so much! DJ kept asking me if I was okay and said that I had owie's on my arm where my IV was. He was so scared to see me like that, he started crying =(

After visiting with the family and Shannon, the nurse came in and said that they were calling for me for surgery. I got to the Pre Op area at about 10:30am. I talked with a nurse and he asked me all different types of questions. He said that he would be by my side at all times and then he rolled me into the OR. When I got rolled into that room I got so nervous. They had me scoot from one bed to the other, Once I was on the operating table, the anesthesiologist came in and said that he was going to give me some happy juice, I said "Okay!" The other nurse and I were talking and he said that my nails were cute and I laughed and told him that my toes matched.. And that was the LAST thing I remember....

The next thing I remember is them yelling in my face "Breanna, you need to breathe", "Breathe Breanna, Breathe and open your eyes".... Apparently I was having a really hard time coming out of anesthesia and my oxygen levels were really low. I was also really congested and that didn't help any, And my throat was really sore from the tube they had down my throat. Finally after about 20 minutes I was starting to breath somewhat on my own. I still had the nasal cannula in my nose and that was at 30%. I was finally stable enough to go back to my room =)

I get wheeled into my room and Dave, DJ & Reagan are all there waiting for me =) Dave and the kids got me some beautiful pink roses and my gramma sent me a beautiful bouquet of assorted Daisies and Carnations in a basket. My gramma is so thoughtful and I love her so much! Once I was stable and everything, Dave and the kids left so they could go take a nap. I asked Dave if he ever wanted to switch positions and he be a SAHDad... He said Hell No! and he has no idea how I do it! =)

After the kids left I got a shot of morphine and zolfran and I passed out. Around 4:30pm my dad came in to see me and he started poking my feet because I was sleeping, hoping that would wake me up. lol We visited for about 10 minutes and then I called my gramma on his cell to let her know that I was doing okay. My dad said that I was lucky that he visited me because he just doesn't visit anyone in the hospital.. lol he is such a dork =)

Around 5pm I got food!!! I had never been so happy in my life to see food! I wasn't able to ear or drink anything since Tuesday evening.. My friend Shannon and her boyfriend came by later that night to see me and see how I was doing. The switched my pain meds from Morphine every 2 hours to Norco every 4 hours. That was painful! The norco wasn't kicking in as fast as the morphine was, so I had to be patient. I slept pretty good that night, waking up every 4 hours for my pain meds...

Yesterday I was so happy that I was able to go home! I just didn't know that it wouldn't be until 8pm last night. I was able to see my staples and figure out how to change the dressing on them. I have to call Dr. Surgery's office on Monday and make an appt to have them removed. I had some of the worst nurses last night, It took me 1/2 hour longer to get my pain meds and they would never answer their call phones. They were young nurses and flirted with the guys that were cleaning the rooms. Seriously?!? i was getting so mad!!!

8:00pm rolls around and Dr. Surgery came in and asked if I wanted to go home.. Of course I said YES!!! So he got all my paper work together and talked about the surgery. He said that they took out my gallbladder at a really good time because it was really "inflamed and broken" So I'm so glad I went to the ER when I did...

I'm home now and trying to relax, but its kinda hard when my husband is working and I have 2 little ones that are sick with coughs and runny noses... I have to take them to the dr's on Monday and get them their medicine =(

Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, phone calls & flowers!!!

2 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

I'm so glad everything went well! Hope you recover quickly and the kids take it easy on their mama :)

Breanna said...

Thank you so much Lauren =)