Monday, March 1, 2010

2 ER visits in 1 month... You've gotta be kidding me!

Its been 2.5 weeks since I had my surgery and I feel so much better! I got my staples out on the 18th, I was so nervous that it was going to hurt having my staples taken out but it wasn't too bad. The only ones that stung a little were the ones that were in my belly button. I can finally pick up my babies because the max weight I was able to pick up was 10lbs and that was lifted because I was healing so nicely! I am feeling like myself more and more each day! And not to mention that I have lost almost 20lbs since the 10th!!

I had to go to the ER last night because I got bit by something on Wednesday or Thursday and my arm was getting swollen, really red and my arm muscles were aching so bad. It felt like someone gave me a dead arm.. no fun. So I told Dave that I was going to drive myself to the ER and get it checked out, just to be on the safe side. I was nervous because last time I went to the ER to get something checked out, they took my Gallbladder from me!!

So I get there and they call me back and ask me the spew of questions, and they asked me if I had had any surgeries within the past 5 years and I laughed and said yes, 2.5 weeks ago.. lol Then he asked me when the last time I got a Tetanus shot was... *Oh God, I have no idea* So he said that tonight was my lucky night and that I was going to get a Tetanus shot... OMG I was so scared because E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. I know says that they hurt really bad.. They were also going to give me a shot of Benadryl and a Steroid but I told them that I was driving myself and Benadryl would make me pass out. So they decided to just give me the Tetanus Shot and Steroid Shot at the ER and then give me a prescription for Benadryl, Antibiotic and a Pain Med for when my arm hurt.

So they take me into a room so the can minister my shots =( When I'm in the room I notice that I had the same nurse that I had last time! She was such a great nurse. She remembered me and asked how I was and how the surgery went, and I told her. So she asks me if I'm ready, I shake my head no but say yes.. lol So I get my Tetanus Shot in my upper left arm *Ouchie* And then she tells me that the steroid shot would be better to have by the back lower hip, *Oh God, Please help me!* So I stand up and lower my pants a little bit, and she tells me to relax and wham... Theres my Steroid shot *Ouchie x3* I told her that I don't want to see the Hospital for a long time after this! She just laughed. She told me to wait about 15 minutes and then I could go. 15 minutes go by and she walks in with my discharge papers and tell me that I'm having an allergic reaction to a bug/spider bite... just lovely.. I sign, get my prescriptions and I am walking fast towards the exit doors.. lol I'm not even going to get in to how long it took at Walgreen's to get my prescriptions filled. Everyone and there mother were there! It took me an hour to get 3 prescriptions filled.. pshh!

No more ER visits for me please!!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Hey Breanna! I know you like giveaways and I am having one...you should check it out!