Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another night at L&D...

So it all started around 6pm i started getting contractions about 7 minutes apart. and by 8 pm they were every 3-4 minutes. So i call my dad and see if he can watch DJ while we go to the hospital and he said yeah. By 8 pm we were heading over to my dads and then to L&D.

We get to L&D around 8:30 and they get all my info and get me into a room. They hook me up to the monitors and the contractions are coming every 3 minutes, and they are pretty strong. She checks me and i am still at 2 cm but I'm 50% effaced. She asks me all these questions and i keep having to tell her to hold on cause the contractions are coming on so strong lol. She then goes and calls my Dr and she comes back and tells me that my Dr said to send me home ;( i was so upset. I started crying hysterically, I'm so ready for this little girl to be here and the nurse is trying to calm me down and she said that my stage of labor is somewhere between a rock and a hard place. i just wish my cervix would have changed a little more. my cervix never changed with my son it took me 11 hours to go from 3 cm to 4 cm.

She brought in this orange mixed drink and said i have to drink it all because when i came in i was dehydrated and i could barely give them a urine sample. so she leaves the room cause they need to monitor the baby for another 15-20 minutes. While she was gone the contractions came on very strong and about 2 minutes apart. So after the 20 minutes of watching the baby, there is still no change in my cervix. So they send me home...

I'm so ready for this little girl to be here but i don't think shes ready. So starting at around 36 1/2 weeks i will try some methods to get her out!!!

wish me luck!

2 comments:

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Any baby yet? I hope you are getting some rest! Hang in there you are almost done!!!!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Where are you? I'm getting worried........did that LO decide to come early? I hope you are all doing OK!!