Friday, April 30, 2010

Migraines, Migraines please go away!

I have been getting very bad migraines since I was a teen. I know I'm in a lot of trouble when I feel a migraine coming on. The first time I had a migraine I was in bed for 2 days.

When I know I'm getting a migraine, my right foot will go numb and the numbness will make its way up the right side of my body and chest. Then it will work its way down the left side of my body. Every inch of my body will become numb and they don't know why. Ive had MRI's done and no doctor can find a reason as to why my body does what it does. Once the numbing goes away, I get sharp pains in my temples and my head feels like its going to explode. Then comes the nausea and I'm completely incapable of doing anything, let alone caring for two young children.

I got a really bad migraine on Friday and had to go to the ER and get an EKG done and a bag of iv fluids along with some mag sulfate. On Wednesday I had a bad attack again and had to go to the ER again, but this time they gave me two shots in the butt and they started going away.

I usually only get 5-10 bad migraines a year but having 6 in a row is pretty scary. Ive also noticed that after every migraine, my eye sight has gotten dramatically worse. I just wish my kids don't get these migraines like I do, since they are hereditary.

oh migraines, how I loathe you!

No comments: