Sunday, October 24, 2010

29 weeks...



Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.



How far along: 29 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 1lb

Size of the baby: A Butternut Squash. 2 3/4lbs and 15.5 inches.

Sex: All Boy!

Maternity clothes: Loving my maternity clothes!! I just need to get some jackets/sweatshirts that will fit around my belly now.. lol

Sleep: forget about it!

Movement: all the time. He likes to wedge himself up in my ribs on my right side and kick me.

Food cravings: hot dogs, chili, french toast.. anything that will bring on heartburn :(

Food aversions: nothing right now

Morning sickness: nope.. thank goodness that is gone.. {for now}

Symptoms: Achy back and lots of hip pains..

Labor signs: Lots of braxton hicks and a few mild contractions.

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: seeing my feet and sleeping

What I'm looking forward to: My appt on the 2nd!!!

Milestones: having a healthy baby and pregnancy so far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 29 weeks!
Now here's my question: how do you know the difference between Braxton Hicks and regular contractions? I thought they were ALL Braxton Hicks until you're in early/actual labor?
I've been having contractions all the time... but just calling them all BHs lol :)

Breanna said...

With BH, they will go away after a little bit. Regular Contractions will stay for a long time and wont go away.

I hope Baby Eliott stays put for a little while longer!