Sunday, August 8, 2010

18 Weeks...


How far along: 18 weeks

Total weight gain: -20lbs

Size of the baby: A Bell Pepper 7oz & 5 1/2 inches. Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. Peanut's busy flexing his/her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his/her thin skin, and his/her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his/her head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his/her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after Peanut's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Sex: Praying for a Boy, But as long as Peanut is healthy that's all that matters! Hopefully I can find out tomorrow (8/9) at my appt!

Maternity clothes: Yes! I am loving my maternity shorts and tops! They are so comfy and I don't have to wear pj pants all the time.

Sleep: I have been tossing and turning for the past few nights. Its hard for me to get comfortable because once I do, I have to get up to go to the bathroom. Ugh!

Movement: I started to feel movement a few weeks ago and then it stopped, But I'm slowly starting to feel little flutters again. Cant wait to see peanut tomorrow (8/9) too!!!

Food cravings: I'm craving a lot of fruit, veggies and anything sweet or citrus-like. I have been drinking OJ like its going out of style.. lol Dave has had to go to the store to get me more frozen OJ 2x this week already. =)

Food aversions: Last week I was feeling crappy and nothing sounded or looked good. The smell of Chinese food was really getting to me also.

Morning sickness: Still getting little waves of nausea but nothing like the beginning. Finally starting to feel a little normal.

Symptoms: I have been pretty tired and very irritable lately. Whenever the kids lay down for their naps, I will cuddle up next to them and take a nice nap!

Labor signs: Too soon.

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: I miss being able to sleep through the night without having to go to the bathroom and eating/drinking whatever I want!

What I'm looking forward to: My appt tomorrow (8/9)!!! I get to see peanut and Maybe figure out what we are having!!!!

Milestones: Seeing Peanut once a month, Making it to the 2nd Trimester!

No comments: