Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Dollar Shave Club..

Before Valentine's Day, Dave was telling me about this website that sends you blades for a few dollars a month. With V-Day coming up, I took a mental note.



{Hilarious!!}

Well, I decided to sign Dave and my Dad up for the Dollar Shave Club. I was a little apprehensive at first since they were so cheap and I had personally never heard of them, but I decided to try them out!


The Humble Twin
For just $1 a month ($3 total with shipping and handling) you can sign up to receive the Humble Twin razor. This razor, as it’s name implies is a basic, twin-blade. With your first month’s order you will receive the razor handle and five cartridges. Each month after that, as long as you maintain your subscription, you’ll receive five cartridges. Each cartridge is made of stainless steel with an aloe vera strip for moisture. They are constructed with a shallow pivot head to contour your face and provide a nice, clean shave.

The 4X
If you want to take it up a notch and pay just a little more, for $6 a month you can try the 4X, or as the company likes to refer to it, “the Lover’s Blade.” As with the Humble Twin, you’ll receive a compatible handle with your first month’s blades. Unlike the Humble Twin, the 4X features 4 stainless steel blades with an aloe vera moisture strip and a wide, open back. The 4X also pivots 90 degrees for an even closer shave. Dollar Shave Club also touts the added bonus with the 4X is that your girlfriend can use it! The 4X subscription delivers four cartridges a month right to your doorstep.

The Executive
And finally, for $9 a month, you can up your shaving game with The Executive subscription. Like the two before it, The Executive includes a compatible handle with your first month’s delivery along with three cartridges. These cartridges feature six stainless steel blades with a moisture strip that includes Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Lavender to help sooth sensitive skin. The Executive also features a rubber guard bar to bring your facial hair up for a deeper shave. This subscription features three cartridges per month, delivered to your door.



When it came yesterday, I decided to open it up and take a peek!

I was surprised with how nice they look. Dave used it this morning and said it was better than his expensive razor. My dad even liked his! I chose "The 4X" for them.




I am very happy with these! Dave is happy & so is my dad! So I will chalk this up as a WIN for ME!!

*I was not compensated in any way for this review. I purchased these and am giving my honest opinion.

Photobucket

No comments: