Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 months till we leave for Tennessee!!!

I'm stressing! I'm trying to figure out how we are going to handle everything and get from one plane to another on the trip... My dad is going to drop us off at the airport that way we wont have to leave our car at the airport and pay for parking for a week. That can get expensive!

I figured I would carry the diaper bag and push the kids in the stroller while Dave carries the car seats. I want to bring the car seats because I know they will be crazy on the plane if I don't bring them. Plus I want them in their seats for safety. And then we could just gate check the stroller, since its going to be small.

No matter what flight we pick we are going to have to switch planes, So I am trying to figure out which would be better: Having a short layover, just enough time to get there and sit for a few minutes or have a 2+ hour layover and have to entertain the kids somehow?? I'm thinking the short layover.

I'm thinking of getting this for when we go, since I got rid of our other double stroller. Also I was thinking of getting the SafeFit Car Seat Travel Totes for the car seats. We have a Graco Nautilus for DJ and a Britax Marathon for Reagan. That way Dave can carry them with ease.

Also I am trying to find some cute luggage for the kids. I have found some rolling backpacks at walmart that have Toy Story & Princesses on them so I might just get those. I still need to buy luggage for me too... Ugh Not to mention Jackets, Warm Clothes and Shoes for the kids out there. My gramma said that it is pretty cold out there in march so I need to be prepared!

I did find a good thing about booking our tickets though... I am going to book with Southwest since they have the Wanna Get Away Rates. So one way is $179 instead of $400+ which will save us a lot of money...

well I better finish planning... blah!

1 comment:

Amanda Wissmann said...

Ok wow, I feel like I need to breathe for you! I know there are a lot of details to work out,...but ENJOY it!