Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holy Cake Balls!

I made these for the family for Christmas! Everyone loved them!!

What you'll need:
  • Cake Mix (I went with Devils Food & Red Velvet)
  • Almond Bark (Chocolate/White Chocolate)
  • 2 Cans Cream Cheese Frosting (1 for each cake)
  • A handsome little boy as your Helper =)
You want to first bake your cakes. So bake your cakes as directed on the cake mix boxes.
My handsome little helper =)

Bake them ....
After they are baked and semi cooled, break the cakes up and put them in a bowl and let them cool completely in the freezer...

After they are completely cool, put 1 can of cream cheese frosting in the crumbled cake. I used my hands and it got really really messy, but I got all of the cake covered!
Here is what it looks like after the cream cheese frosting is mixed in with the cake...
You then want to make 1''-1.5'' balls. After you make all of your balls, stick them in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes. That way the get a little hard and it is easier to dip them in the chocolate...
Now for the Devils Food cake...
Here are some of the balls dipped and covered in chocolate... Yum!
And here is the finished product!!!
ENJOY!!!!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oh I made these a couple times already and there is never even so much as a crumb left ... they are so yummy! I also tried the oreo cookie balls - even better! It looks like all of you ae enjoying your winter so far and had a great Christmas ... I hope you have a great week!

Rebekah from MN!