Sunday, September 19, 2010

24 weeks... Hello Viability!!!


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

How far along: 24 weeks! If Allen were to be born now, there would be a good chance of survival.
Total weight gain/loss: Still haven't gained any weight from this pregnancy!
Size of the baby: The length of an ear of Corn 12inches & 1.4lbs..
Sex: All Boy!
Maternity clothes: I cant wait to get some fall mat. clothes! All I have are mat. shorts.. =)
Sleep: Doing pretty good, still waking up to use the bathroom at least 2x a night. Allen kicks me when I lay on my left side to sleep...
Movement: Oh goodness yes! Especially right after I eat or when I am laying on my left side.
Food cravings: Apple Pie, Chocolate Milkshakes and I cant wait for thanksgiving to get here!!
Food aversions: nope..
Morning sickness: thank goodness that is over for now!
Symptoms: My hips are still aching and my lower back is killing me.
Labor signs: I had to go into L&D last week for cramping and spotting. Thank goodness that has stopped! I am currently 1-2 cm but my cervix is long. Hopefully Baby Allen will stay put for at least another 8 weeks.
Belly button in or out: In
What I miss: Uninterupted sleep =)
What I'm looking forward to: My next appt and seeing Baby Allen again! Oh and my Baby Shower in a few weeks!
Milestones: Making it to my 2nd trimester, all of my great appts, finding out we are having a BOY, Not gaining any weight...!

No comments: