Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Allen's Allergy Testing...

Allen had his Allergy Testing on Thursday and poor little guy did not have fun!

Since I had to drop Dave off at work, We went to the mall and played in the play area... All of the mall walkers were getting waves and "Hi's" from Allen. He thought it was the greatest thing! We played for about 30 minutes and then it was off to the drs..




 When we got into the little room, a nurse came in and told me what was going to happen. I remember going through this as a kid. She put 10 dots on his lower forearm and then made little twisty pokes with a plastic little pen. Almost instantly, his arm begins to get red and splotchy. After about 15 minutes, everything comes back negative.. That is a good thing!


Next was the brutal part :( 
She came in and put 8 dots on each side of his upper arms. These ones were a little more difficult. She had to take the serum and put it directly under the skin, like a dermal {I think that's what she called it..} I had to have Allen sit in my lap and I held his arms. He did okay for the first 2 and then began to scream and cry.. I felt so bad but this really needed to be done. We did get through it with lots of tears, snot & drool.. But he didn't try to run!




 While we waited for the results, the nurse gave him a sucker! He was in heaven!! 


After the 15 minute wait, Allen got welts from Bermuda Grass, Cat Dander, Pine Trees & and one more tree, can't remember the name. We have to go back on the 11th for his 2nd Set & the Food Allergy Test.. 

I think the next appt will show a lot more.. 

Prayers are greatly appreciated!
xoxo


Photobucket

No comments: