Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter... Week 12

I hope everyone had a great Easter! We went to my dads house for a BBQ and to hunt for eggs :)

Saturday DJ and I colored eggs. DJ tends to throw the eggs in the cups. So we ended up with 14 cracked eggs out of 18. No biggie :) He kept having trouble getting the eggs out with the wand/holder thing, so he just stuck his hands in and grabbed them... lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before we left for my dads house, DJ was giving Reagan Kisses!

Photobucket

When we got to my dads house, he had the kid's Easter baskets on the table for them. DJ of course picked out the soccer basket. So that left Reagan with the baseball one. DJ took off with his and i set Reagan's down on the floor for her. At first she had a look on her face like "Hey, this is mine?!?!?!" She started to dig in and get all of the goodies out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While the BBQ was warming up Dave took the kids on a ride in the wagon. Reagan started to fall asleep so we took the kids inside and put Reagan down and Dave got DJ down. While the kids were asleep we had the ADULT EGG HUNT! Those are really fun! It was Dave, Brittney, and myself. There was CASH in all 12 of the eggs and 1 egg had a gift card to the movies. We would each get 4 eggs to make it fair.

Photobucket


My dad decided it would be fun if he video taped it. Well he had all of us with our backs towards the front yard. When he said GO Dave and Brittney took off. I wasn't worried because if i didn't get my 4 someone had to give me some. Well right off the bat Dave and Brittney run after 1 egg and Dave dives for it and misses, so Brittney got it. It was hilarious!!! I'm so glad my dad taped it. I'm getting a copy of it today so it will be up later! After we got all of the eggs, we opened them and had all of our numbers. My dad gave us the envelopes with the numbers on them and we opened them. Brittney had $25, I had $28, and Dave had $21 & the gift card! When we figure out what movie we want to see, my dad will watch the kids!!!

Brittney counting her winnings

Photobucket

DJ & Reagan woke up about 10 minutes after we got done watching our egg hunt. So Brittney and I went and hid the eggs for DJ and Reagan. We got DJ and Reagan out there to look for eggs. Brittney takes DJ around with her and i take Reagan. I kept sitting Reagan down by the eggs and she would reach for them and start licking them.. lol DJ did pretty good, i think he might be too young still. He will be a lot more involved next year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We go inside and i see that DJ's legs are red, puffy, and hot to the touch. It looks like he got bit by something. I have my dad check it out and we see bite marks. I run to the store and get some Benadryl Anti-Itch Cream for his legs. After about 2 hours his legs look a lot better, and this morning his legs looked fine.

Photobucket

We got home around 6pm after being there since 11am. We had to go back to my dads house twice, I left my camera there so Dave went and got it. Then we noticed that DJ's blanket was missing so i called my dad and it was on his table. So i drive over and get it. Thank goodness we only live about 5 miles away.

REAGAN CAN STAND BY HERSELF!!!!! She started pulling herself up and holding onto my shirt then letting go!!!!. She can stand by herself for a good 3-5 seconds! She will be walking before she gets any teeth.. LMAO

Photobucket

well i better end this, gotta get dinner going :)


I hope everyone had a great Easter!!!

1 comment:

Xaleyn said...

I love how you added pictures to every part of your story! I think it's so great you had an adult egg hunt lol. Your dad seems pretty awesome. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. DJ looks so cute all snuggled with the bunnies. And Reagen standing! Holy mackerel. She's so cute =]