Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WTF?!?

Saturday evening rolls around and we are feeding the kids. I had gone through a lot of our clothes for the yard sale next weekend, and we were getting the kids ready for bed... Well, Dave went into our room to get a binkie for Reagan and there is a good 3'' of standing water in our master bathroom and a good 1-2'' on our bedroom floor and hallway.. The toilet went ape shit and started gushing. I have never eve seen a toilet do that before. So Dave tells me to call the after hours maint. to have them come out and see what they can do... I stepped outside and saw a maint. guy coming out of our downstairs neighbors house and asked if our floors were wet, Wet is an understatement... The maint. guys came in and told us that they were going to put us in one of there furnished apartment suites.


We know the drill because last year (Jan, 08) we were put in a suite because they found mold in the apartment... (we really need to get a house). So they tell us to get anything we need and take it to the new apartment. We have my dad bring over his big ice chest that way we could get all of our food over in one trip. The kids have been off the hook for the past few days because they are out of there element and there are no toys over here.


I have been going over to the apartment daily and taking pictures of the progress. There are big holes in my walls now.... After they are done, we have to file a claim with our Renters Insurance because of some of the things that have been damaged. I know a lot of mine and Dave's clothes are damaged because they are soaking wet in bins, so they will have mold on them, a few of my purses were filled with water, my Uggs are completely ruined :(


Here are some progress pictures from day One to Present:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I miss my home...

No comments: