Saturday, May 2, 2009

Out With The Old....

For the past few days I have been going through all of the kid's toys, clothes, etc... I hate clutter, but I have so much of it... Go Figure! I still had 0-3 month clothes in Reagan's drawers and 12 month clothes in DJ's drawers. Spring Cleaning is in effect!

I took 2 Bins of Clothes, Bassinet, Johnny Jumper, Bumbo w/ tray, a Sling, a Baby Bjorn, Play Mat, and a few other odds and ends to a consignment store here in town called "Once Upon A Child". They take New and Gently Used Children Items.

After getting there and unloading the car, They start taking my stuff behind the counter and start sifting through it for the good and bad. The tell me it will be about 30-45 minutes.. No Biggie. So I'm walking around the store and looking at all of the cute things!

About 40 minutes later they are all done rummaging through my items and they decide to keep the Bassinet, Johnny Jumper, Bumbo w/ tray, and some clothes. WHOO HOO!!!! Those are the BIG ITEMS I wanted to get rid of.

While she is getting my quote for all the stuff, I asked her if they were hiring... She said in a quiet sneaky voice "Check back in a few weeks..." I took an application, Got my $$$$, and headed home!

When I got home Dave was surprised at how much I got for everything! I think we did pretty good. I got DJ down for his nap and called my dad to tell him that we were coming over after DJ's nap to go through all of the toys at his house. He sounded Very Excited :)

Well I'm off to go make myself some lunch!!! Everyone have a great Saturday!!!

1 comment:

Justi said...

Well, you are better than I, that is for sure, lol! I am such a pack-rat. I have saved EVERYTHING from my kids (clothes, swing, bouncers, crib sets, etc). You don't want to know how many Rubbermaid totes full of clothes I have in my attic, lol!

Yay on making some money with the stuff, though!