Saturday, November 27, 2010

34 weeks.... {a few hours early}

How far along: 34 weeks & 3 weeks till I am Full Term!
Total weight gain/loss: I have gained a few pounds these past few weeks. I think I am now up to 7lbs. So in actuality I'm still under my pre-preg weight by 23lbs!
Size of the baby: A Cantaloupe. Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Sex: Boy!! Allen __?__ Smith
Maternity clothes: All of my pants/shorts are maternity. I can still get a lot of my shirts over this Big Ole Belly {but not for long}. I don't want to have to go out and buy new clothes when I have less than 6 weeks till Allen gets here, But I will be heading to Old Navy to get some of their yoga pants and velour pants ;)
Sleep: Its getting harder and harder for me to get comfortable at night. I toss and turn until I get a little comfy and then 10 minutes later I have to pee... I will be so happy when I can fully sleep on my belly and not have achy hips.
Movement: Allen loves to kick and punch all hours of the night & day. Its really weird when I can feel him turn from head down to breech.transverse. He also gets the hiccups all the time!
Food cravings: I have been craving milk and green bean casserole. {go figure}
Food aversions: I have been trying to stay away from things that will give me gnarly heartburn. So far It hasn't worked :(
Morning sickness: None of that yuckyness.
Symptoms: Lets see... My hips have been super sensitive and very achy, I have had constant heartburn for the past 72+ hours and can barely breathe because Allen is pushing my lungs up into my throat.
Labor signs: I have had constant BH/Contractions for the past 2 weeks. My belly will stay hard for 5 minutes at a time and I can barely move. Hopefully something is going on down there!
Belly button in or out: In
What I miss: I miss sleeping on my belly, having a achy free body and having ankles!
What I'm looking forward to: My next appt on 12/9 and seeing how big Allen has grown. Also see if I have dilated anymore. Also I cant wait till I have Allen in my arms!!
Milestones: Having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby boy. I am very thankful for this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

34 weeks, awesome! I can't believe we're so far along already!
And I totally sympathize with the lack of ankles.
I'm SUPER jealous though- you're NEGATIVE 23 lbs, and I'm POSITIVE like... 32! Ahh!