Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1 Year Ago Today & Reagan's Birth Story!

One year ago today I served Reagan her Eviction Notice.

And to my surprise it worked! My water broke the next morning, she listened to her desperate mommy!

I printed her notice and it is in her Baby Book.
Reagan's Birth Story

I c&p from 1 year ago tomorrow!

This pregnancy was difficult from the very beginning. At 9 weeks i started bleeding really bad and went to the ER and they said that i was carrying twins and that one of them passed and i miscarried. I was so scared! I was in and out of the hospital at 30, 34, 35, & 37 weeks. so here is Reagan's story :)


On Monday night i was so stressed out and wanting her to come already, i had a horrible nigh sleep. I wake up around 7am and I'm laying in bed and all of a sudden i hear a "pop" I stand up to go to the bathroom and water just gushes out of me. I get super excited and yell at Dave "My Water Broke!!!!" I put on a pad and new pair of undies and pants and call the hospital to let them know that my water broke. The nurse said that i had to call my Dr and tell him that my water broke and that i was going to go into the hospital... What?!?! So i call my Dr and then call back the hospital and tell them i am on my way. We get everything packed up and DJ packed and head out.


We get to the hospital around 8:30am. We park in the valet spot because there was no way i was going to walk from the parking lot to the hospital while gushing amniotic fluid.. no thank you! So they get me a wheelchair and DJ sits on my lap and Dave is pushing me up into the hospital. We get to 3rd floor L&D and tell them that my water broke and so they take me to a room and tell me "You know the drill"... as though i have been there before ;) Again, peeing in that little cup was a little hard but it was easier this time because i was gushing fluid so i just stuck the cup under me and got whatever i could :)
I get into the bed and they hook me up to all of the monitors. Dave and DJ are sitting on the couch watching TV while all of this is going on. Finally i tell Dave that he can either go home or go to my dads and give DJ a nap and i would call him if anything changed or happened. So I'm in the hospital by myself which is kinda relaxing :)


A nurse comes in and tells me that since I'm not contracting that Dr said to start me on pitocin at noon. Okay no problem! 12 noon rolls around and still nothing, so they start an IV line and hook up the pitocin. After about 2 hours of being on pitocin, I was really feeling the contractions. So i tell them that i want some pain med but not my epi yet. They bring the good stuff... Stadol! So i get a shot of that and i feel much better! I was getting a bunch of phone calls from my Sassy Mommas, which i absolutely loved! It was nice talking to someone while i was by myself.
Around 4pm things really get hard, the contractions are getting worse so they give me another shot... which didn't really help. I tell my nurse that i want my epidural now! She checks me and I'm only at 6cm so she tells me that she will put my name down and the anesthesiologist will come in. At 6:15 i couldn't handle it anymore. I called my dads house and told him to get to the hospital because i needed someone here with me. He gets there about 6:30 and i am freaking out because i want my epi and I'm in so much pain.


Finally at 6:45pm the anesthesiologist comes in and gives me my epi, he has to do it 2x to finally get it to work. While i was getting my epidural i kept having the urge to push and my contractions were rolling on top of one another. It was so painful!


Finally I'm getting numb and they check me, I am at 7cm and stretchy. Dave gets this bright idea and wants to go home and get something to eat. The nurse says that it will be a bad idea because he would miss the birth. So he goes down to the cafeteria. While he is gone i magically go from 7 to Lets Roll in about 3 minutes. So my friend Shannon runs after him. When Shannon got to him he had already ordered. She told him he better get up stairs. So Dave and Shannon are running through the hospital trying to get back into my room.. LMAO! They run in and i see Dave with a burger in his mouth. I have my legs in the stirrups and we are ready to go.
I give a test push at 7:15pm and her head almost comes out, so my dr quits messing with the TV and comes over and tells me to push. I push maybe 3 times and at 7:26pm Miss Reagan was here! Dave was able to cut the cord and they took her to clean her up and weigh her. She was a peanut at 6lbs 11oz and 19 inches long ** the exact same size as i was**


At around 11pm i finally walk to the bathroom and then its off to the recovery room. This time i didn't get a private room and i had to share with another lady.. Blah! It was so tiny and Dave didn't have any room to stay with me so he went home to get some sleep because he had to pick DJ up from my dads at 5am. So i barely sleep that night and decide to walk the halls of L&D. I finally fall asleep for about a 1/2 hour-45 minutes.


Breakfast time is here! I was so hungry! Even Though the food was horrible i ate it. Dave got to the hospital around 11:30am so DJ can see his little sister. He wanted nothing to do with her! After Dave and DJ leave, my sister and her girlfriend come up and bring me flowers and a balloon! How sweet! My grandma also sent flowers :) The visited me for a little while and then they left. My Dr came in to release me and give me some pain meds :)


5pm we are leaving the hospital.... less than 24 hours after delivering her we were heading home. I was so excited to be going home! As we were leaving one of the nurses stopped us and said "aren't you the dad that was running to get to the birth of your child last night?" OMG I was laughing so hard!!!

No comments: