Monday, July 27, 2009

Speech Therapy

I got a letter in the mail telling me about the Speech Therapists we have. They are going to call me within the next week and schedule his Speech Evaluation Test. He does great with talking, its just that he tends to cut either the first or last part of the word, IE: Outside - aside, Dog - Gog, Banana - anana, Monkey - anonkey... get the drift :)

when he takes the test they will decide if he needs Speech Therapy and then refer him to a center and offer other alternatives.

His Dr. thinks he needs it because when he had all of the ear infections, his hearing was muffled and he couldn't hear the correct pronunciation. I read to him everyday and I got him some alphabet puzzles and shape puzzles, he loves to do the puzzles but hates it when Reagan takes them... lol Typical!

The cool thing about the Speech Therapy is that they can come to your house and do the speech sessions. I think that is so great. I could schedule it to where Reagan is napping when they come!

So we will find out soon....

No comments: