Friday, December 31, 2010

We have a date!

First off, My appt went great. Got into the office about 10 minutes before my appt and gave the girls our Christmas card {from shutterfly} and everyone was loving it! Anyways... Got weighed and only gained 1lb whoo hoo, gave my urine sample {as best as I could, at least} and then went into the last room on the right :) After a few minutes my nurse came in and took my bp, which was perfect. Then I waited...

Dr finally came in and we talked about baby and that we were going to measure Allen and then he wanted to check me {first time ever that my Dr checked me}. First off was the fluid, measuring in at 5.2 which is kinda low. Allen's head was measuring a few days behind at 37.1 weeks, which is good considering I have big headed children.. lol His tummy on the other hand was measuring 40 weeks {eeek!} Then we measured his chicken legs. Those little suckers are going to be long. So all in all, Allen is measuring in at 8lbs {yikes!} DJ was 8lbs 1oz at birth and he was a hard delivery with the use of 2 different size vacuums and a pair of forceps. So Dr decided an induction was a good idea. He told me to undress from the waist down and he would see if my cervix was ripened enough for induction. He checked me and I was a 1.5-2cm on the inside and a 2-3cm on the outside. He said {Perfect!}

So I get dressed and then go out and set my induction up with the nurse. My Dr is going by my first due date of Jan 12th. So the nurse calls the hospital and voila... We have a date!

♥ Allen James will be here on January 6, 2011 ♥

I have to go into my Dr's on Wednesday for an appt before the induction so Dr can see the baby one last time in my belly and make sure he is still head down. Also he is going to give me Cytotec to help my cervix {if needed}. Then I go home and spend some quality one on one time with each of my babies :)

I am scheduled to be at L&D at 4am on Thursday morning. I have to call about 1-2 hours before to make sure they have a bed for me. My dad will either spend the night at our house or just come over at 3am that morning {I love him!} When I get there I will get signed in, registered and then get started on an IV of fluids and pitocin. I am so nervous about being induced because of the horror stories I have heard on BBC and from friends, but I trust my body and am praying for a safe delivery.

I feel like Thursday is so far away and that I have so much to do... But its really just right around the corner!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay! SO excited to hear how it goes!