Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Don't throw that battery....

I am so tired of walking into the e.r. because of head injuries or being sick... Last night Miss. Reagan got the lovely trip to the er. Reagan and I were going through the alphabet and DJ kept interrupting, I told him to hold on cause it was sissy's turn to say them. Well he got upset and threw a D battery at Reagan's head. Dave grabbed Reagan and I took DJ into the other room. When I came out, I noticed Reagan's hair drenched in blood. So we grabbed a towel and Dave put pressure on her head while I called my dad.

Finally got Reagan calmed down and she let us look at her head. Poor baby girl had a big gash on the left side of her head. I decided to take her to the er just in case she needed staples, stitches or a butterfly. The whole way to Folsom I was asking her what sounds animals made so she would stay awake. We got to the hospital and it was packed, I have never seen it that busy. We finally get back to triage and they asses the laceration. The nurse (same nurse that helped us when Reagan got the concussion) looked at it and was pressing on it. She said that it had clotted nicely and that she would not need staples, unless it came open while they were cleaning the area.

While we were waiting to get it cleaned, a nurse came over and gave Reagan some coloring papers and crayons. She colored for a good 15 minutes and then they called us back to get it cleaned up. While she was cleaning it, she said that it has already closed up and had clotted, so no staples! We were just waiting for the discharge papers and then it was time to head home.

When we got home she just laid on the couch and didn't fall asleep till at least midnight, so it was a long night. She woke up crying a few times because her head hurt, so I gave her some Tylenol and she went right back to sleep. She woke up this morning happy and she said that her head didn't hurt, so that is good.


I swear my kids are so accident prone, that is Dave's side. I was never like this, no stitches, no broken bones, nothing sprained... The only thing I had was surgery on my toes and a butterfly on my hand where I slid into home plate and cut the palm of my hand...

these poor kids...

Also...

My friend Kristen's 2 year old son Dylan was readmitted to the hospital last night, as he had a high fever that endangers his Leukemia. My friend Ersula is doing an online fundraiser for the family, selling Scentsy wickless candle products. All commission goes directly to the Shinohara family to help with costs associated with Dylan's treatment. Go Here if you are interested!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Poor little lady! I hope yall stay outta the hospital for a while! Prayers for Dylan!!!

Sand Castles and Snow Forts said...

My first time to visit you. Looking forward to seeing what you do in A-Z!